Late Night Decorating–Fireplace Mantle and Piano Recital Music


Oh boy, it’s started……all the decorating!!!


I LOVE this part, but at the same time it can be frustrating, especially when you are by yourself and it’s 11:30 at night. 


All I can say is that if you have a friend, invite them over when you are trying to place pictures and do a collage.  You need them to say “to the right, or to the left a little!”  What happens to me is I climb on the latter, insert object, climb down, realize it needs to be moved over 3” and try again. (and again and again)   We will NOT discuss how many holes I have in my walls……no we wont! 


Here is the BEFORE:

new house 099


And the staying up till midnight AFTER:

 blog rustic tuscan fireplace

Actually I had it like this first (minus the violin) but I have such a love for music I thought adding the violin just felt right.  (The violin was mine as a teenager until I forgot I put it on top of my car and drove away only to hear something fall off the car – ummm lets just say, no violin can survive that! My sweet mom was way more understanding than I would have been!)


blog rustic fireplace mantle

Do you like it with our without the violin?  See I needed all my blogging friends over webcam to give me advise. “A little to the right Selina” :-)


I did paint that picture myself, someday, it would be fun to buy a big original from a “true” artist :-)


blog rustic tuscan fireplace 004

Those pottery pieces were a few bucks (maybe even cents!) at the thrift store.

blog rustic tuscan fireplace 017


And the side cubbie AFTER:


blog rustic tuscan fireplace side


I store all my piano and violin music in the cupboards and have the iPod docking station there for music.  I love my Baroque station :-)  It makes me feel like I am in an Italian Villa or something :-)





And since I am talking about music, I just can’t leave without putting my kids really fun recital pieces on the blog (you guys know I don’t usually do this “personal” stuff) but for those of you who are interested, stop by and listen!  The kids get such a kick out of any comments or “likes” on their songs.






Linking this to YHL post that are inspired by their new book - tip #27 Don't fill space - add meaningful things :-)

Till Next Post!! Have a great week :-)

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful fireplace! I like the cubby and the fact that you added some greenery to that side as well. Oh, I like it without the violin, less model home-ish?

    Great piano playing and such pretty pieces of music too. Well done! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you make it personal, your kids are adorable!

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Τhis corner of your house was completely transformed! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selina truly you are amazing I want to say I like the mantle with the violin it really looks nice. Ryland and Aria were AMAZING I love that we were able to watch them play. Thank you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fireplace, and I liked the violin. I find it's more personal. Can you tell me more about the stone you used. I would like to use this on my FP remodel. Name/color/style would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is the information Darlene! (I wanted to email you directly but there was no email attached to your name) Masonry Fireplace: Buck County Country Ledgerstone 80% with Bucks Country Distressed Fieldstone 20%

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fireplace, mantle and your decor selection. Is the curved hearth stained wood or stained concrete?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...