House Tour Part TWO - Tuscan Themed Kitchen with Honed Granite

OK, I’ll head right into the next part of the house…….so sit back, drink your coffee and enjoy. 


The Kitchen:

Consists of engineered hardwood floors, knotty alder cabinets, tumbled stone back splash laid brick style, honed granite and American Clay plaster walls.




Kitchen granite sink:




I have had a few people ask me "Where did you get your sink!?"  I love having the big open (non divided) area.  I am really happy with the purchase. :-)








The appliance garage!!!  (I think I just heard Handel's Hallelujah Chorus!  I can now hide all my STUFF)




All the Knotty Alder kitchen cabinets by Huntwood (click on this post to see how I installed the handles and knobs)



Kitchen Bar:




Off kitchen computer nook:



Computer nook open: (yes, with the wine above…..perfect combo, blogging station and wine….




Remember me writing a post about re-doing this chair?  I had it in my head since the first time I saw it months ago to put it here!



That wraps up my kitchen!!!



It will be fun putting all my junk pretty décor stuff up on top of the cabinets!  I have banned myself from any more thrift store shopping.  I just can’t keep collecting pretty stuff even if it is only $1.00 – I’m SERIOUS! 

Next post will be down that fun arched hallway,  I call it the hallway of happiness because it has my very favorite part of the house right behind it   (don't forget to check out the beginning of the tour with the ENTRY if you haven't done it yet!)

STAY TUNED for the final decorated reveal!!!  I'll tell you some tips and tricks how to decorate shelves and the tops of cabinets.

Ok I finished the kitchen so I'll update this post!! 
Here are some of the final photos :-)











10 comments:

  1. The kitchen turned out awesome and I especially like the wine rack. I love the natural colors and warm feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Selina, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cabinetry and the old world look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm visiting from Thrifty Decor Chic's kitchen party. Your kitchen is beautiful and warm. I love it. While I was here, i looked around at some other posts. I love the decorating tips you offer. And the before and afters were fun to look at too. Congrats on the new home. it is gorgeous. I know you will do a fabulous job of decorating it.
    Looking forward to watching the process as a new Linky Follower.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a question for someone- maybe you. Why is the faucet always crammed into the space between the wall and sink, where you can't fit your hand or really get it clean (or dry!)? Isn't it possible to balance things by putting it to the side somehow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You can totally put it on the side......or in my case, I could have put it in that larger curved area. It would have looked fine. I do know what your saying about getting it clean/dry (it's harder!) but for some reason it doesn't bother me that much. I wouldn't hesitate at all if you were building your own home to place that faucet wherever you wanted it - that's what a custom home is all about :-) thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Wow, your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL! I am really taking to heart what you said about having honed granite and I'm loving the idea more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you tell me the stain color used on your cabinets? They are so beautiful! ! blanchardfamily6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The knotty alder cabinets were from Huntwood. It was the Hampton Cabinet style in the Brazilian Wood stain. It has been 3 years and I am SO happy still with the choices I made. Good luck with your home!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...