Crockpot Refried Beans - Bean and Cheese Burritos

This recipe is one that I have used OVER and OVER and LOVE.  So, it just wouldn't be right for me not to share the EASY recipe with my wonderful blog readers.

Crockpot Refried Beans!!!




 Don't you just LOVE crockpot recipes??  You come home, and smell dinner waiting!

EASY Crockpot Refried Beans


2 cups dried pinto beans (rinsed off in cold water first)
6 cups water (or chicken broth)
Garlic cloves (or around 2 Tbsp minced garlic from the jar)
Salt and Pepper to taste

OPTIONAL: 3 Tbsp left over bacon lard (using the word grease is just not cool)

Just dump in all ingredient and turn on HIGH for 6-8 hours.
You can either leave the beans whole or mash them with a potato masher.



One of the many uses I get out of the beans (other than just eating them "as is") is making Bean and Cheese Burritos.  They are so simple - I mean you just add some of the beans and sprinkle on cheese, fold up in a burrito and serve!  These can be great kid lunch ideas too.  Freeze them in batches then put them in the kids lunches to be microwaved at school.  EASY! (and it's not another PB&J)




What do you think? Have you ever thought of using your crockpot to make refried beans?  Do you have a favorite crockpot recipe?  Leave me a link in the comments!





 

2 comments:

  1. My kids love bean burritos for lunch. After I've made crock-pot pinto beans, I take half or more of them and run them through the blender with a heavy dose of olive oil, then mix it all together. Perfect consistency in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea - half through the blender.....olive oil sounds a lot healthier than bacon lard!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...