Themed Bedrooms, Ships and Sails and Puppy Dog Tails–My Boy’s Room

I may have gotten my poem a little mixed up but it sure fit my sons theme!   

When we moved into the new house I wasn’t sure what his themed bedroom would be.  I knew I wanted to use the world map I made and I got a bunch of ships from the thrift store that made me wonder if I could pull off a kind of ship/pirate/explorer/traveler theme.


Walking in:




I bought those drapes from the thrift store for $1.50!!!! They were like new.  The American flag plaque was from Ross for $6.00.



This is what I found on my very FIRST trip to Hobby Lobby!!!  LOVE that place (maybe a little too much).  I can be glad it is 45 min away from my house or we may have a serious shopping problem :-) The prices were really great though.  For the letter plaques they were $3.00 each and the anchors/life preserver were $8.50 a piece.  I had a friend give me a $40.00 gift card when we moved into the house so that is what I spent it on.  :-)





One day when I walked into my local thrift store there were ALL these ships, tons and tons of them.  Most were about $1.50 but even at $1.50 I knew I couldn’t buy them all.  (At least if I wanted my husband not to think he’d officially married a crazy thrift store shopping loony!!)  So I only bought four (hee,hee) and happily I was able to use all four up in Ryland’s room.  The old car was also from the same thrift store for $3.00 and the shelfing unit itself was only $10.00!!



Here is the World Map I made!  In the old house, since we didn’t have fireplace mantel I used that shelf to hold our stockings.  Happily we now have a large fireplace mantel so I could just re-use the shelf in his room!



The Pottery Barn Kids Explore pillow was my big spurge.  It was on sale for $24.00 (which is a lot for me) but I just thought it really summed up what I wanted his theme to be and the colors were perfect!  I was too cheap to buy the pillow insert for it (I know, can you believe it didn’t COME with the insert!) so I just stuffed it with a down blanket we never used.  It’s great!







There you have it!  Completely finished……..at least for now ;-)

If you haven't had a chance to check out my Home Tour, stop by!


Thanks for seeing what I did!!  Do you like it? I’m always excited when I finish a project thinking how fun it will be to show you guys….

Linking up to YHL - book tip # 139 Start a Collection (and #26 jazz up a shelf!)

~ Selina CreativeJuicesDecor ~

8 comments:

  1. What a great room! I love the colors and you pulled it all together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are creative. The room looks fantastic. You pulled it off. Its not easy to combine different themes into one. But you did it. Job well done.
    seo sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! Well done. You should include a link to where you show how you made the map for the wall because it is one of the favorite things of mine that you have shown on this blog! You really are talented, Selina - this room really turned out great. I love the letters over the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on this...I love the pillow of course. I used to spend all my money on my kids too. Enjoy these days with your kids at home. It goes by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get your bedding !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overstock.com It's a fantastic place to find a good price on bedding!

      Delete
  6. Very cute! Gotta love hobby lobby :)
    Love the map art so cool, thanks for stopping by today!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. The themed bedroom ships and sales are shred here. Know all about it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them ALL and appreciate them. If you are asking a question be sure and leave your email, it will help me be able to contact you if you need a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...